Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introduction to TJ's Woodshop





















I have met someone ahhh... Very interesting, this fella's a corker. And I thought my readers would really enjoy this guy. His name is TJ Brown, and he is a woodworking fool, This guy is GOOD. I met TJ at my day-job with the state, We got to talking and found out we had some things in common as artist. Even though our arts are different, We Love what we do, and it seems that neither of us are ever completely satisfied or finished with a piece of work, I guess it's an artist thing. (I thought it was just me) I guess thats what spurs us on the path of that perfect piece of work.  Anyway, TJ has a website (TJ's Woodshop) And I really hope everyone goes and checks it out. Contact TJ and let him know what you think. TJ has artwork in Galleries in Eureka Springs Ar. and in Ft Smith Ar. He has had national magazines do articles on him. He has shipped pieces all over the U.S. and even as far away as New Zealand and Greece. TJ specializes in Heirloom Quality Fretwork and Intarsia, where every item is handcrafted one piece at a time. 
His Intasia, is a form of woodwork where you use different species of wood to get the different grains and colors that you shape to make a 3-D picture. He uses no stains or paints in his work, it is all the woods natural colors. 
I have been lucky enough to get to photograph some of his work, and I hope that I will get to do some more photography for him. You can see some of his work here, also I have added some of the photos that I have shot for him in this article.

So Please go check this guy out and drop him an e-mail let him know what you think, you will be glad you did. Besides the links in this article I have also added a link to his site over on my side bar under my favorite links. You can also see some of his work on my website under Product Photography. 






No comments:

Post a Comment