Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Photographer's Right


So I have been trying to think of what I would like to put in my first Blog. And then I thought about an experience that I had back around Halloween over at the Pinnacle Mall.  We took our Grandson Conner over there to do a little Trick or Treating, and of course I took my camera along. So we were going from store to store Conner's loading up on the Halloween Booty, I am fat and happy snapping photos left and right, Bugger men and goblins everywhere, When out of nowhere here come a rent a cop. He began questioning me on what I was taking photo's of, I told him I was shooting my Grandson on his first Halloween. He says well thats ok, but if I was shooting photos of any of the stores then he would have to run me off. Seems the Pinnacle Mall is copyrighted (according to him) Is it? or is it considered a public place? I'm no lawyer (Thank Heavens)
But it does bring up some interesting questions for photographers. Anyway Photographers do have rights, and I have come across this little bit of interesting reading that I would like to share with everyone.  Just because they say you can't, It doesn't mean you can't.

So go see this article ( The Photographer's Right )

No comments:

Post a Comment